Post Pregnancy Yoga
How to do it
- Get up on your hands and knees as shown in the picture.
- Raise your left knee and bring it in towards the chest while bending your head in. Do this position while you exhale.
- Be in this position for 4 seconds. Swing your raised knee backwards to stretch your leg and raise your head upwards (refer the image). Do this position while you inhale.
- Be there for 4 seconds, eventually come back to the starting position and repeat it with the other leg.
- You will feel a strain in your abdominal, hip and back muscles. These are the exact areas that need to be worked on post pregnancy.
- Repeat it 5 to 10 times at a stretch or as your body permits.
The Tiger Pose is extremely beneficial after pregnancy.
Relieves back pain.
Also, rejuvenating the female sexual organs.
Tones the muscles of legs, arms and shoulders.
Helps in weight loss and improves digestive health.
Cobra Pose (Bhujangasan)
How to do it
- Lie down flat on your belly on the mat in a relaxed position.
- Put your hands on the mat just under your shoulder and lift your chest up away from the mat while you breathe in. *Do not move your feet Keep them joined and fixed to the ground at all times.
- Stretch your back as much as you can, without hurting yourself and form an arc with your back.
- Be there for 10 seconds while breathing normally and breathe out while you lower your body to the mat.
- Repeat it 5 to 8 times.
Firms the buttocks, tones the abdomen, arms and shoulder
Strengthens the spine and improves blood and oxygen circulation to the pelvic region.
Camel Pose (Ustrasana)
How to do
- Firstly, kneel on the yoga mat with your knees hip width apart. Your feet should rest flat on the floor.
- Place your hands on the hips and tilt back slowly while inhaling. Arch your back and place your arms on your heels till your arms are straight. Do not strain your neck while doing this.
- Breathe normally and be in this pose for 10 to 20 seconds. Eventually come back to the initial position while you breathe out.
- Repeat it 4 to 5 times.
Helps in toning the back and shoulder muscles. Also, improves digestion.
Effectively tons the flabby after child birth belly along with the arms and chest.
It helps in working out of almost all major muscles of the body.
In addition, it treats asthma, thyroid and parathyroid disorders and spondylitis.
Triangle Pose (Trikonasana)
How to do
- Firstly, Stand erect on the yoga mat. Keep at least 4 feet distance between your feet.
- Turn your right foot by 90 degrees and bend your body to the right side from the hips so that you touch your right feet with your right hand. At the same time you raise your left hand straight in the air.
- Breathe normally and Maintain balance on both feet.
- Be in the pose for about 10 seconds and gradually come back to the starting position while breathing in.
- Repeat the same on the other side. Repeat this for 4 to 5 times.
Helps in losing belly fat and also reduces the waist size.
Helps in strengthening of lower body, arms and chest as it stretches the hamstrings, spine and calves.
It also treats digestive disorders and relieves stress and anxiety.
Half-Spinal Twist Pose
How to do
- Sit on the floor/yoga mat. Now, bring your left foot over the right one and place it the right side of the right leg. *Twist your body from the waist to the left side, grabbing your left ankle with your right hand while you look over the left shoulder.
- Place your left hand behind you and let it rest on the floor.With a straight spine hold the position for 30 seconds while breathing normally. Now, you can come back to the initial position while you breathe in.
- Repeat it on the other side. Repeat the whole exercise 4 to 5 times at a stretch.
It increases the flexibility of the spine and relieves back pain experienced after childbirth.
It helps in improving blood circulation to the spine. Also, helps in toning the muscles of back, hips, abdomen and shoulders.
It treats the nervous disorders and relaxes the mind.